Antimicrobial Copper is the term used to describe the family of copper alloys that are proven to have a broad-spectrum and rapid efficacy against pathogenic microbes in the laboratory and in the clinical environment.
Antimicrobial Copper significantly and continuously reduces bacterial loading. Recent clinical trial data shows that key touch surfaces made from Antimicrobial Copper reduce a patient’s risk of acquiring a hospital infection. These antimicrobial products, as part of contemporary hospital architecture & design, are shown to improve infection prevention and control in hospitals.
Antimicrobial Copper is the only touch surface metal to have efficacy data independently verified through the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) registration, which supports the claim to continuously kill more than 99.9% of the bacteria* that cause HCAIs within two hours of contact.
The supporting science has proven Antimicrobial Copper to be the most effective antimicrobial touch surface and has sparked a global campaign advocating the use of these materials to combat infectious microbes in healthcare facilities, mass transit, educational institutions and beyond.
Three main characteristics make Antimicrobial Copper the most effective touch surface material:
Continuously kills microbes
- Efficacy as an antimicrobial is scientifically proven to be far more effective than silver-containing coatings
- Proven to continuously kill the microbes that cause infections
- The only antimicrobial touch surface metal approved by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
Never wears out
- Continuous and ongoing antimicrobial action
- Remains effective even after repeated wet and dry abrasion and re-contamination
- Natural oxidation does not impair efficacy.
Safe to use
- Not harmful to people or the environment
- Inherently antimicrobial, no chemicals added
- Completely recyclable.
Antimicrobial Copper Touch Surfaces can make an important contribution in sectors other than healthcare, for instance:
- the food & hospitality industry
- residential care
- public transport
- public buildings
- cruise ships
Any industry or setting where infection is a cost or significant risk can benefit from upgrading key touch surfaces to Antimicrobial Copper.
We will help you identify the prime areas to upgrade, and help you to select the right products in the right materials.
Thereby you will gain maximum benefit, without aesthetic or functional compromise, for optimum return on investment.
How could you or your organisation benefit? What could (or should) you consider?
Ask us and find out!
ACT Surfaces Ltd, Registered in England No. 8734164
1 Bearcroft Avenue, Worcester WR4 0DR