You may have read about Antimicrobial Copper in the newspapers and clinical press recently; for example this recent translational paper is a very thorough analysis that covers the laboratory testing, clinical proof and cost-benefit research of copper & copper-alloy touch surfaces.
Independently-tested, and with peer-reviewed publications in respected journals, Antimicrobial Copper is:
- the most effective touch surface material in the fight against pathogenic microbes – even under typical indoor conditions
- the only metal registered by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for touch surface applications to continuously kill bacteria that cause HCAIs
- proven via lab-testing to kill a wide range of pathogens under standard touch-surface conditions (bacteria, viruses, yeasts, fungi)
- proven in a UK clinical setting to reduce by over 80% the bacterial loading of touch surfaces within a busy hospital ward
- proven to yield a 58% infection reduction to patients within an ICU setting
- cost-effective: York Health Economics Consortium model shows rapid payback plus significant long-term savings and freed-up beds.
Click here to download a recent summmary article (with references) on Antimicrobial Copper.
Watch these two short videos giving user feedback:
Installing Antimicrobial Copper:
Cleaning & Maintaining Antimicrobial Copper:
ACT Surfaces Ltd are a Cu+ approved Service Provider, helping healthcare professionals, project team and architects/designers to identify, specify and source the best products in the right materials for optimal results against infection. Not only this, but to make the upgrade as cost-effective as possible.
How? Why? What cost? Read the CDA’s new Antimicrobial Copper brochure:
Reducing the Risk of Healthcare Associated Infections